17 Aug 2012

Book Review #6


Title: Dark Inside
Author: Jeyn Roberts
Date Published: 2nd September 2011
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Age Rating: 13+
Genre: Post Apocalyptic
Main Characters:
  • Aries
  • Clementine
  • Mason
  • Michael
  • Nothing

Plot :
 After a wave of deadly earthquakes nearly destroys the Earth, the surviving few watch as their loved ones, friends and neighbous turn in to killing machines, that will stop at nothing to slaughter the human race. Now, there only seems to be one rule, one law: kill, or be killed...

Review:
   One of the problems I found with this book, was the narration. Usually in books with multiple narrators, I don't have any trouble knowing who was who. However, in this book, I had to keep on skipping back to find out how the character got there, or who they were in the first place.
   Another problem, was how similar Aries and Clementine were. This was also the same with Mason and Michael. I would have prefered the book if they could have some obvious differences in their personalitys.
Despite these problems with four of the main characters, I really enjoyed reading Nothing's story. It helped me get some extra insight into the story, and really kept me on the edge of my seat. I hope that this character is also included in the next book, Rage Within.
   I also loved the storyline. It was fast, fun and full of surprises. I literally couldn't put this thrilling book down.
   Overall, I found this an enjoyable read, however, there were a few problems with it. I can't wait to read Rage Inside, but hope that some of the problems that I found with this book don't apply to the sequel.


Rating out of 5:

۞۞۞

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one but the way you said of multiple characters and kinda sounding similar I think made me cringe a little. Nice review format! I like how it's very short but has information. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with short paragraphs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. sounds like an interesting read!
    found you on goodreads!
    new follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you back, I love your story, it is a really good read. I can't wait for chapter 14 to come out. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...